Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Nhlanhla's chat transcript (from Mnet Idols)

Read the transcript on the Mnet Idols website:

Ed: Apologies but we experienced some network issues and

could not continue to chat with Nhla - we did pose some of
your questions and others during the downtime and will
run his replies as a news story soon.
The Editor

maryna : Would you say the contentants are friends or rivals?

Nhlanhla : Friends.

bat : On behalf of Phillip who cannot log in
(firewall
problem): Nhlanhla, when do you think you'll be recording
a solo album?
Nhlanhla : Next year, definitely.

Selene : Who is your favourite artist and what is your

favourite song?
Nhlanhla : Malaika and my favourite song is
'Mhlaphe Lamandla'.

Selene : Nhlanhla who is your role model and why?

Nhlanhla : Ringo Madlingozi - I love his music and
the way he sings.

Selene : Nhlanhla why do you think you were voted off?

Nhlanhla : It's because I got the least votes.

Lisa : Hey Nhlanhla, my name is Lisa and I am a BIG fan

of yours, i just wanted 2 ask if we are going to be seeing
more of you?
Nhlanhla : Yes you are going to see more of me. We will
be having a tour - all of the 12 contestants in Idols -
in December.

bat : On behalf of Phillip: Comments from judges have

not been so favourable, but remember you are a
remarkable talent and have a unique voice we haven't
yet heard in the SA music industry.
Nhlanhla : Thank you very much. I think you'll hear
it now more and more next year once I bring out my CD.

bat : (on behalf of Phillip): Nhla, do you still believe in

yourself and do you know that you are talented just as
your fans know it, despite negative comments from judges?
Nhlanhla : Yes, I still believe that I am talented - and
thanks to you and Phillip.

Lebethe : Nhlanhla, you spoke passionately about your

mom on Sunday, what has she to say about you being
voted out?
Nhlanhla : She said, 'well done' and I was looking
for that from her.

Lorraine : Hi babes, You made me cry with Luther 's

song yesterday.If i ever meet you, would you ever mind
just to sing it for me?It really melted my heart.
I believe your singing career starts here.
All the best
Nhlanhla : I won't mind singing it for you baby!

KAREN : hi nhlanhla,are you happy with how far you

got in the contest or do you think you could have
gone further
Nhlanhla : I think I could have gone further but I am happy I made it into the Top 5.

Anusha : Happy Birthday!!! It was sad to see you go,

but you have all my good wishes for the future. I will
definitely buy your cd when it's out! In your opnion
who do you think is the deserved winner, and who
will 'really' win?
Nhlanhla : All of them deserve to win but I'll go for Karin.

Ian Senzo : Nhlanhla would you agree if i were to say

Music is life
Nhlanhla : I will agree. Music is the food of life.

Lisa : Hey Nhlanhla, i just wanted to ask, what advice to

aspiring singers? I am one but the people out there are
really harsh, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Nhlanhla : Follow your heart and believe in yourself that
you can do it. Look at me: from gardener to Top 5 on Idols.

Phillip : Nhla when are u recording ur first CD

Nhlanhla : Next year, definitely!

Lebethe : Congratulations for making it this far... it was

important for role modelling purposes of our younger
brothers... where to from here? (Lebethe)
Nhlanhla : From gardener to Idols to a solo career.

fatimah : did you for one moment think you'd be the next

to go home?
Nhlanhla : I did think about that in Top 8. Last night,
not really.

fatimah : what is your impression of the way Mara treated

V on Sunday night
Nhlanhla : It was not fair because she didn't understand Zulu.

fatimah : What would you have done differently?

Nhlanhla : I was going to bring the best voice over there.

fatimah : In order of preference, tellus your best-worst

judges
Nhlanhla : Mara, Gareth, Dave and Randall.

fatimah : doesnt it just suck when they ask you to sing

after giving you the boot?
Nhlanhla : No it doesn't suck. It's your last chance to
sing on Idols.

J.J : DO you think it was fair that you are out now?

I think you are brilliant and always voted for you.
I really think you had one of the best voices and
are better than V and Nicky (who are brilliant,
but I prefer your voice)
Nhlanhla : No it wasn't fair that I was voted out
last night.

J.J : If the final is between V and Karin, who would you

want to win it?
Nhlanhla : V has everything that an Idol needs. Karin
has got the voice and her life can change. I'll have a tie
for myself!

AmandAmandaa : Have you had any offers for deals

in the Music Scene? If not, please do not go back to
gardening - you are far to good to go wasted.
Nhlanhla : I'm not going there anymore and next year,
watch out for my CD!

Benita : Did you have a fun time???

Nhlanhla : I had a lot of fun time on Idols!

claire : hey Nhlanhla, who do you think you will

miss most out of the remaining contestants and
who did you miss most of the past contestants that
have already left!!and Happy Birthday!
Nhlanhla : I'll miss all of them and out of the ones
who have left, Ayanda and Bonolo.

claire : did you expect you would get this far when

you first entered idols?Nhlanhla : No, I limited myself
to Top 24 and I'm so grateful I made it so far.

Lucinda : i'm totally in love with you, are you and

your girlfriend serious.
Nhlanhla : Yes we are serious... We've been dating for
a long time now.

Riaan : Nhlanhla, would you classify yourself as

a metro- sexual male ?
Nhlanhla : Maybe, but I've got a tummy!

Owain : Hey Man! Congrats firstly on doing so well,

secondly, Happy B-day! I wanted to ask you:
What was the most emotional part of Idols for
you - like missing family etc?
Nhlanhla : It was when I was missing my family
and my girlfriend.

Fundisile : Throughout the Idols competition

which perfomance do you think was your best
and why?
Nhlanhla : It was in Top 24 stage ('Hello') and
Top 12 ('Used To Love You'), I was cooking then
man and it was still fresh.

Tba : Happy Birthday! i am sorry u got voted out.

I am your die hard fan& will always be. how did
u feel when u got a compliment frm Merriam Makeba?
Nhlanhla : I was over the moon! I didn't even concentrate
on what Randall said to me!

Tba : Are u going to make Phillip your manager once

u get a recording contract? plz do!
Nhlanhla : He's a nice guy and I think he knows what
he's doing. I'll see!

deborah : Will miss you. I hope you get a recording deal

soon and start working on a CD and I will buy a million
copies. I will start saving soon.
Nhlanhla : I will do so and it will be the best CD
that you'll ever buy!

Nomvula : Has any record company approached you

yet for a recording deal?
Nhlanhla : Not yet, I'm hoping I can do something
with SonyBMG next year.

nothabo : nhlanhla have you been asked to do anything

with any of the South African groups
Nhlanhla : No, not yet - but I'd love to do something
with one of the best groups in South Africa, Malaika.

Sandra : Hey Nhlanhla. My mommy cried when you

left last night. Just wondering who would you like to s
ee win Idols 2005?
Nhlanhla : Anyone for me at this point can win Idols.

Minnie : Happy birthday, hope you not to sad to

enjoy your day, sorry to see you leaving, you have such
a beautiful voice, keep singing and believe in yourself.
Did you also feel that Dave was unfair towards you,
well my whole family felt so.
Nhlanhla : I think he was doing his job, man. He's not
like that when he's not judging.

Yolandi : Hi Nhlanhla! I'm very sad that you've

been voted off Idols last night. I think you're great.
I just want to wish you all the best for the future.
What's your plans for the future? I really hope
things work out for you!!!! I'm going to miss you
on Sunday!!!! Take care.
Yolandi, Cape Town
Nhlanhla : The doors are starting to open for me right
now so I'm in the industry for good. You're going to see
me more and more now.

salvation : Hi Nhlanhla,congratulations for making it

this far you are a star.if you were asked to go to
overseas(USA) and persue your music carrer there
for like 2years and you were offered a lot of cash for t
he contract and were not to bring anyone along ,would
you go and leave your girlfriend behind?
Nhlanhla : I'd try to bribe them so I can bring my
girlfriend along...

* * *


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home