Friday, November 04, 2005

Crunch time!

From Sunday 17:30 through to Monday at about 18:30, vote for Nhlanhla by calling 0862277711 or SMSing `Nhlanhla’ to 33676

Picture courtesy of Mnet and Fremantle.

*BREAKING NEWS*
Nhlanhla will post a message on his forum on Monday, 7 November!


"The Man" has reached a crucial stage in the competition - from now on, song choice is vital and one less than spectacular performance can see any of the top 6 going home on Monday.

Nhlanhla's fans expect him to excel on Sunday night. The two songs he's to sing suit his voice. If you've missed it, here are the songs he'll be singing this Sunday:
The theme is "Judges Choice"
''All Night Long'', Lionel Richie;
''Walking Away'', Craig David

My prediction is that he's going to shine again, especially with the Lionel Richie song. as very few upbeat songs will be sung - my feeling is that the tv audience will be ready to hear a great party song like All Night Long, and The Man is sure to deliver the goods.

According to his profile on the MNet Idols website, Nhlanhla is a Scorpio, so his birthday must be coming up (or he recently blew out 23 candles). Does anyone know his birth date?

The following article found on the Idols website, tells us how Nhlanhla is feeling about being in the top 6:

Find the complete article here:
http://www.idols.mnet.co.za/Article/DisplayArticle.asp?Id=273

Nhlanhla
Nhlanhla’s really feeling the pressure and is praying he delivers this Sunday (6 Nov). To all his fans, he’ll be on the forums on Monday afternoon (7 Nov)...

How does it feel to be down to only six of you?
''It’s tough. I can’t believe it! It’s crazy! Now the competition is really getting hectic…"

How do you feel about singing two songs on Sunday?'
'It’s also hectic! I think it will be fine though - I’m hoping! The show’s becoming more and more interesting.''

What do you think about the judges’ choice of songs for you?
"I think they’re cool. They’re not songs I would have chosen for myself and I have never performed a Craig David song before. Being Judges’ Choice, we don’t really have a choice but to do them as best we can…"

'Were you surprised on Monday (1 Nov) to find out you ranked in the top half of the Top 8?
''I was very surprised! After the judges’ comments on Sunday (31 Oct), I told my family and friends that I was going home… Although a lot of people said that they like the way I performed a combination of two songs, only Mara Louw liked it. But obviously people still voted for me, and for that I’d like to say a big, big thank you!!! Keep voting guys!''
***
So, fans, you've read what The Man has said - KEEP VOTING!

Nhlanhla, if you're reading this - good luck for Sunday!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you will do it. you have a beautiful voice. keep up the positive spirit.

Nonto

8:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for you every week - you are a star. You have such stage presence and personality. I hope you make it to #1.

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home